The following methods are endorsed by this Recording initiative (UK Recording Scheme & European projects):
- The iNaturalist project now has 16+ international experts contributing to identification and is consequently the default site for all images. All such UK records are now filtered into iRecord for final verification.
- iRecord has but one verifier and as of September 2022 images posted there will be directed for reposting on iNaturalist where they will meet additional scrutiny from experts. If you decide to experiment with iNaturalist, do so, duplicates are immaterial (within reason.)
- Diptera.info postings though also coming to the attention of numerous international experts, do not generate a record. Contributors may be asked to post again to iNaturalist.
- Flickr images neither attract experts nor generate records. Contributors may be asked to post to iNaturalist.
See the iNaturalist Guide
- Upload to iRecord in the normal manner
- And/Or: Contact me directly (including European lists and papers)
- Contact me directly (including European records and papers)